PIN QUALITY GUIDE
As enamel pins are individually handmade item, the quality of each pin may vary and will rarely appear “100% perfect”. We grade our pins into the 2 categories listed below. Do take note when making your purrchase!
Standard pins are near perfect and the best of the batch. There are no major defects but may still exhibit minor imperfections when examine up close. Such imperfections may include the following:
- Superficial marks or scratches on the metal or enamel
- Tiny specks or bubble in the enamel
- Slight unevenness, underfilled or overfilled enamel
- Darker specks or stray specks of glitter
- Other minor imperfections that are only visible upon very close inspection, under specific lighting or from a specific angle.
Seconds pins has more noticeable flaws but are still good for wearing out. These are sold at a discounted price and may exhibit the following flaws:
- Deep and obvious scratches on the pin surface
- Large colour stains or air bubbles on the enamel
- Incorrect glitter or enamel fill colour in small areas
- Small areas of missing enamel
- Oxidisation on the metal
Imperfections around the sides or back are not graded or considered as defects.
If you have any further question on our pin quality grading system, feel free to drop us a message!